UPDATE: We have received a few requests to extend the time for submissions so if you are still keen to be a part of this project please be in contact with us. we are hoping to have them in by the beginning of August. If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed by the thought of filming flick us an email and we can chat with you and help you through it.
Hi, Beautiful community of doulas and birth workers.
To all the amazing, heartfelt, caring and passionate people working in the space with women and families as they welcome a new life into the world.
Are you keen to share your passion and experience with a wide community of women and families?
Do you seek connection and community with fellow doulas, where you can share your enthusiasm and goals and business dreams and be supported and support each other?
If so, please keep reading.
We are putting the call out to Doulas in the We Birth community to submit a short video introducing yourself and sharing your top tips or information for women and families.
We will edit the films into 2 different films.
- A film about doulas FOR doulas. Giving you an opportunity to get to know each other and support other doulas with your experience. NEW doulas, please don’t be discouraged. we want to hear from you too! Tell us about your transition, your learning, your passions. We are all coming from unique places with value to share.
- A film for women and families. This film will be a compilation of the best advice that Doulas in our community have to offer. You can use this video freely with clients, and be a part of the opportunity to build your own brand awareness and generate growth. This film is free for participants to use, and sell. (Yes, it is your property too!). The only restriction with sales is: A. To sell at a standard RRP and B. 50% of the sales go directly to the charity of our choice (more about this later).
Are you still unsure about the benefits?
- Your couples and the public, in general, will learn just how valuable you are.
- Grow your status as a doula!
- Greater awareness creates greater business for you!
- Be aligned with a community of passionate, forward-thinking doulas.
- Support organisations on the front line, caring for birthing women and new families.
Get creative if you want and present yourself in wild and wacky ways!
The film is starring YOU and YOUR top tips, so share it and have some fun.
The film will be your property to share to generate huge business growth potential!
It will be such fun getting to know each other in the making of the movies and once complete We Birth will have an event where we screen the movies and have some fun.
Open to doulas and birth workers anywhere.
What do you need to do to join in?
Sign up to our email list and join our Facebook group then simply follow the next steps, including filming yourself being careful to meet each of the criteria.
- (optional) Send us an email letting us know what special skill/ tip for women you will be sharing on film. Obviously, we can’t have 30 doulas all sharing the hip squeeze, so if you have a fantastic idea jump in and reserve your spot!
- Record your responses to each of the following topics. It is important you leave a 10-second gap between responses to help us with editing. Be mindful of time limits. We may have to trim clips and if over the time limit, they may not be eligible.
- Send your film to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Large files can be sent via drop box, or as a google file. Contact us if you have any concerns. Also send us your name, business name, contact details and logo etc for us to display in the film.
- Tell your doula friends to join in too. Feel free to team up and submit together if you wish.
- Submissions close mid August. First come first serve. We will post a list of topics on our blog as they are submitted, so if you are keen to share a particular skill, technique or idea get in and submit your idea. You can check in and see what other doulas are sharing before you commit to filming. We reserve the right to close submissions early if the response is overwhelming.
- Introduce yourself and if appropriate your business name. Try to keep this succinct, however, include the information about yourself/your business that women and families will need to find you. (max 30 seconds)
- Tell us about your passions. Professional and private. We want to know YOU (max 2 minutes).
- Things you are NOT about. (max 2 minutes)
- Your hopes and dreams for your business. Try to sum this up in 2 or three sentences. (max 1 minute)
- Your top tips for women and families. These are to be presented in 3 categories: Antenatal, labour & birth and Postpartum. You can be as creative as you like in this area, try and keep it relevant to your business. We are looking for up to about 5 minutes of content for each person. You might use this time to demonstrate one skill, discuss a remedy or read a hypnobirthing script! Perhaps you might offer tips and tricks for 2 or even 3 different categories. Get creative! If submitting clips to be categorised, please leave a gap of at least 10 seconds to help with editing. (4-6 minutes max)
We are really looking forward to receiving your entries.